Job Postings/Career Information:
Official FM Job Board and Career Resource:
Careers/Internship – **Please check back frequently as positions are continually updated**
- Accounting/Bookkeeping Intern – Local not-for-profit company seeking intern for bookkeeping/accounts receivable. Unpaid
- Business Intern – Wholesale distribution company seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic business intern. Duties may include answering and transfer of phone calls, assistance with planning and setting up for company-wide sales meetings, filing, printing and organizing documents, coordinating trade shows, manage sample/literature requests, coordinate customer demo requests, and any additional duties as assigned. Intern must be enrolled in courses at FMCC and pursuing a college degree, must be self-motivated, able to multitask, and have the ability to work on simple tasks independently. Unpaid
- Business/Accounting Intern – Area daycare seeking accounting/business admin interns to generate expense and revenue reports, budgets, schedules, and work on policy and procedure manuals. At least one year of classes must be completed in their field. Interns should display enthusiasm to learn, dress and speak professionally, and be reliable. Unpaid
- Administrative Support Intern – Professional engineering design company seeking energetic, motivated intern who is eager to learn. Candidate would be expected to handle administrative tasks associated with engineering projects such as plotting, organization of reports and correspondence. As understanding grows tasks would potentially include preparing details for project plans in CAD, formatting technical reports in Microsoft Office, etc. Intern should be working on an Associates Degree. Relevant experience in the field is a plus. Experience with computer aided drafting programs and exposure to AutoCAD and Civil3D is a plus. Paid
- Business/Graphic Arts Intern – Small design and print shop seeking a creative business/graphic arts intern with Photoshop and Illustrator experience. Duties include proofing of work, printing, social media assistance, billing, working with customers on design and quotes, answering phones and other responsibilities as needed. Unpaid. Stipend given at end of internship. Filled.
- Business/Marketing Intern – Local not-for-profit clothing store seeking business/marketing intern. UNPAID
- Business/Marketing Intern – Local city department seeking intern for assistance with website development, social media account management, email marketing, print marketing, event planning from start finish. Other responsibilities include data entry, data tracking, follow up phone calls/emails with businesses/organizations, and miscellaneous administrative support. Unpaid-FILLED
- Dental Assistant Trainee – Busy, steady dental office seeking trainee, either full time or part time. UNPAID
- Desktop Support Intern – The intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to the staff for Hardware, Software, and Network related issues. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, printer support, one-on-one technical assistance as needed, providing training to staff on hardware/software use, troubleshooting, etc. The job is in and office setting where a business casual dress code is enforced. The intern will report directly to a member of the Desktop Support Staff each day to receive daily tasks, as well as review their previous work and receive any necessary training. Unpaid
- Finishing Apprentice Internship -The intern would assist in the flow of post weld through finishing. Duties included: Applying finishes to bike frames, application of vinyl masks to frames, application of polishing and ceramic blasting to frames, preparation of Digital print files, use of vinyl plotter to print frame graphic masks, amendments to digital files to accommodate custom frame sizes. Must have strong interpersonal skills and outstanding attention to detail. Basic proficiency in Adobe Illustrator is required. Looking for an enthusiastic person who takes pride in the quality of their craftsmanship, be able to multitask and has a strong work ethic! Must be able to stand and able to move light objects. the workplace is a light manufacturing facility. Paid
- Multifaceted Intern Needed – Local municipality seeking intern to work in various departments: Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Sales/Sponsorships, Administrative Assistance, Event Planning/Event Management. Unpaid
- Human Resources Interns/IT Interns – Leather manufacturing company looking for interns for HR and IT departments. HR candidate will work with the HR team to support with recruitment and retention, benefits, and policy management. IT candidate will work with hardware and software to engage in trouble shooting the needs of network management. Some experience preferred. Paid
- HR Intern - Local not-for-profit company seeking an HR generalist intern. Unpaid
- Human Resources Assistant – Local in-home care company looking for full-time HR Assistant. General responsibilities include completing Workers Comp and Disability packets in accordance to regulations, complete and submit Unemployment correspondence, fill out and return Employment Verification in accordance to company policies, conduct monthly compliance checks. Other duties include recruitment/new hire processing, record keeping, customer service. Qualifications: Associates Degree in HR, Business, or related field, and two years experience. Mandatory Skill: Must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English. Preferred skills: Strong interpersonal skills, clear communication, must be able to prioritize, must be organized, and able to follow instruction. Paid – Salary TBD
- IT Intern – Local government seeking intern to assist in integrating user experience design into technology projects across multiple agencies, and internal ITS projects. The student assistant will gain experience in:
User Research and analysis, branding and visualizations, wireframing and prototyping, usability testing, content strategy, design thinking facilitation, industry standard tools. The student assistant will create new or update existing visuals using the NYS branding guidelines while considering any additional guidelines. He/she will also conduct research and analysis alongside team members. Being part of a design team, it is important for the student to have strong analytical and creative thinking skills necessary for participating in team discussions and solving design problems for a variety of systems and services. The student will also be responsible for information like survey results, tracking and monitoring users in team software offerings. In addition to working collaboratively on team projects, the student assistant will work with their supervisor to complete independent projects based on personal skills, interests, and career goals. Independent projects aim to benefit the team goals, but will also provide the student with personal accomplishment.The goal of the student internship position is to give the student the opportunity to practice skills learned in their academic studies through real-life application in an environment that will foster practical growth of their skills. Students are encouraged to take some risks, ask questions, and participate as a valued member. Paid
- IT Intern – Temporary Work in IT Department for a local school district. Preferred a second year Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Technology Student. Paid – $9.70/hour
- Marketing Intern – Higher Ed food service company seeking intern to work with marketing manager with planning, promotions & advertising, and implementation. Some responsibilities include assisting with planning, organizing and hosting events, social media calendar development and promos, conducting marketing audits, general administrative tasks. Requirements: Excellent written/verbal communication skills, customer service experience/knowledge, knowledge of social media platforms, good interpersonal skills, knowledge of graphic design and prior marketing experience a plus. Paid
- Marketing Intern - Local manufacturer seeking part-time office intern with marketing concentration. Market focus tends to be sewn products, with emphasis on outdoor sports, recreation, and travel. Key Requirements: Proficient with MS Office software, digital photography/video, web-based media, good communication skills. Unpaid
- Marketing Intern - Local insurance company looking for intern to work on digital marketing involving managing ad campaigns, working with social media and developing targeted email campaigns. The intern would also be helping with insurance quoting and general office duties. Paid
- Marketing/Various Dept – Local private school seeking interns and Individual Studies students to assist in various departments including marketing, Alumni Relations, and Admissions/Recruitment. Pay yet to be determined
- Phlebotomy Interns - Local hospital seeking phlebotomy interns. Unpaid
- Production Artist - Local printing company seeking intern:
1. Assists proofing team in the creation of proofs and production artwork.
2. Monitors the artwork backlog to maintain fast turnaround.
3. Responds to questions from the proofing team regarding complicated artwork tasks.
4. Troubleshoots quality problems.
5. Handles priority proofing tasks as requested by customer service.
6. Manually fixes artwork when necessary.
7. Addresses all artwork related customer inquiries and complaints.
8. Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve the proofing process.
1. Expert in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
2. Excellent written communication skills.
Pay & benefits
1. $18 /hr.
2. Health & dental insurance
- Training Assistant/Employee Education – Local hospital seeking summer intern for FT days, 40 hours/week, 10 week position. The intern will perform department-specific duties and responsibilities in a training capacity. Paid
- Provides research and administrative assistance for special projects as assigned. Presents findings and makes recommendations.
- Performs work assignments in support of departmental goals.
- Attends and participates in meetings at the invitation of leadership.
- Performs additional clerical duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience:
- Some College – 1 Year
- Must have at least one year of college completed
Interested in any of these opportunities? Please contact:
The COCAL office (C207F) at 518-736-FMCC (3622) ext. 8931 or email@example.com for more information on Individual Studies (Curriculum Code 987).
Are you one of those people who learn best by doing?
Would you do well in coursework that can be applied to the job?
Does an individualized program of study appeal to you?
Are you interested in a specific occupation, but lack the skills to get hired?
If your answer is yes to these questions, than Collaborative Career Learning (COCAL) or a Co-op Internship can help you to begin a new career. In typically two semesters, you can prepare for occupations by learning on the job while taking related college coursework.
Contact the COCAL office at 518-736-FMCC (3622) ext. 8162 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Individual Studies (Curriculum Code 987).